Thursday, March 18, 2010

Virtual Manipulative Game - Geoboard

My students LOVED playing Geoboard!

This was a great game to play with my class to review shapes and colors.

Directions consisted of the following steps: Coloring Triangles and Squares
Color the inside of each triangle green. Color the squares yellow.

To play the game a child had to click on the shape then click the appropriate color.

This was a great way to practice two step directions, waiting in a group, using the smart board, identifying shapes and colors. Along with motor skills.



This was a very basic and easy game for my students to use. However unlike other games there were no directions or feedback "nice job" "wow" or any kind of reinforcement. This is something I would like to see added to this game.

When we were done with the directions given I cleared the board and had student come up to the board and try to create their own shapes and pictures. This was great to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment