Sunday, March 28, 2010

Diffy

I was looking at the NLVM site and came across the game: Diffy.
The name stood out and I thought to give it a try.
Diffy is an interesting puzzle involving the differences of given numbers using whole numbers, fractions, intergers, decimals and money. This is a great problem sovling activity for all.
I tried the whole numbers. You first start with 4 problems on the outside of the puzzle and work you way in. Its a great way to challenge your students in addition and subtraction.

Below is the problem I was presented to solve: (the numbers in the middle was blank and I had to solve the missing number.



Here is an example of a problem. What do you think are the answers?





1 comment:

  1. Can anyone think of some fun ways we could apply this Virtual Manipulative game using the Geo Boards?

    ReplyDelete